Each member of staff has 4 children in their key group, so they can focus on supporting them. At Royal Spa the children’s happiness and emotional security is always a priority. We believe that for children to be happy they must feel secure with the people around them.
Develop secure, trusting relationships with key children and their parents/carers.
- Provide a secure base for key children by supporting their interests and explorations away from their key person and being physically and emotionally available for them to come back to.
- Attend to emotional needs of key children by acknowledging their feelings and responding appropriately.
- Settle new key children into the setting gradually by introducing them to facilities, daily routines, name cards, peg etc.
- Settle key children as they arrive each day.
- When possible, greeting parents at the beginning and end of each session and sharing information from their child’s day.
- Offer support and advice to parents/carers that is relevant to their child.
- Change and toilet key children who need support.
- Keep records of and support key children’s development through observations, assessment and planning.
- Share children’s developmental progress with parents and carers.